If you are looking for Dorset holiday than Dream Cottages can provide the solution, our offices are situated seconds from the beach, with over 300 holiday cottages available, from thatched chocolate box cottages, to penthouse sea view apartments and everything in between. All dotted around Dorset & the Jurassic coastline, including the most popular Dorset locations of Weymouth, Burton Bradstock and Portland.
Dorset is famous for the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, which boasts some of the most beautiful landscapes in the country. If a coastal break is what you are after then a visit to Durdle Door, a beautiful lime stone arch way jutting out into the sea is a must, or Chesil Beach a unique stretch of shingle beach that runs for 29km from Abbotsbury to Portland and Lulworth Cove, a sheltered and picturesque bay.
If you prefer to head off the beaten track, visit traditional thatched roofed villages like Burton Bradstock and Milton Abbas, or enjoy our historic towns of Dorchester or Bridport, where you can wile away the hours in their museums, shops and restaurants.
Browse our range of high quality self-catering holiday cottages in Dorset, holiday rentals & holiday homes & accommodation in Dorset, find the perfect place to stay for your next getaway.
Self Catering Holiday Cottages in Dorset
When deciding on your Dream Dorset holiday, there are many factors to consider, which beaches to visit, the places to explore, accessibility, travel options & entertainment will all be unique to your requirements.
At Dream Cottages we pride ourselves on being able to offer a range of holiday cottages to suit many needs, as well as providing up to date useful information across all our platforms including our social media and blog pages, as well as on our website.
If you are stuck for ideas we have comprehensive pages of local information, guides to Dorset, holiday activities for the children, dog friendly activities in Dorset and more! Alternatively why not check out our holiday blog or our social media channels which are packed full of ideas & inspiration.
Dorset is full of inspiring and striking landscapes, with so many to choose from we have rounded up a few of our favourites here.
- Visit Corfe Castle and the beautifully quaint village of Corfe. Enjoy a cream tea in one of the lovely tea rooms of Corfe and visit the two free museums in the pretty village.
- Take a trip to Portland Bill, an impressive grade II listed light house built in 1906 and enjoy the rugged landscape and wild seas that are so different to mainland Dorset.
- If a quintessential English seaside day out is what you are after, visit the wonderful beaches of Weymouth. Weymouth is a traditional English seaside town, replete with gorgeous Georgian townhouses and a beautiful promenade. Favoured by King George III who famously spent his holidays here. With long sandy beaches and shallow water, it is the perfect spot for a paddle.
- Take in the Victorian splendour of Swanage boasts its own working steam rail way and is a beautiful example of a Victorian sea side town.
- Come face to face with millions of years of history at Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door, Lulworth Cove is a beautiful natural bay, with quaint shops, a village pub and crystal-clear waters.
- Enjoy dramatic cliffs, wind-swept walks and great food in Burton Bradstock.
- Head to the harbour at Lyme Regis, eat fresh scallops, sip wine and watch the sun sink across the harbour. Take the kids crabbing on the Cobb.
The most popular locations for cottage rentals in Dorset include:
Weymouth is a traditional English seaside town, complete with a lively promenade, Punch and Judy shows, carousels, sticks of rock, fish and chips and donkey rides. Take a peek at our range of beautiful, luxury Weymouth cottages.
Burton Bradstock is a quintessential Dorset village, with thatched cottage homes, impressive cliffs and beaches and an award-winning café on the beach. You can find a selection of our cottages here.
Lyme Regis, known as the “Pearl of Dorset” is a pretty unspoilt seaside town set amongst the Jurassic Cliffs and is well known for its harbour wall, The Cobb. Watching the sun skim across the harbour is an absolute must see. We have property around the Lyme area, you can find them here.
Swanage is a lovely example of a Victorian coastal town, with a pier and working steam railway. It also has beautiful sandy beaches and is close to the stunning landmarks of Old Harry Rocks and Studland Bay. Check out our range of cottages here.
Bridport and West Bay
Bridport is a cool market town with regular street markets, a vintage fair, amazing food and the Electric Palace. We have a selection of cottages around the Bridport and West Bay area, see our full list here.
We have lots of cottages to rent & holiday lodges that are dog friendly too, so none of the needs to get left behind. Our fantastic dog friendly cottages in Dorset mean that you can take your dogs on lovely walks, enjoying the variety of landscapes that Dorset has to offer, and then let them have a snooze by the fire.
We have one of the largest collections of privately owned holiday cottages in Dorset so browse below and see if any take your fancy! Or, why not head over to the Dream Cottages Facebook and Instagram pages for lots of Pictures, Videos and Information on our Holiday Lettings in Dorset.