What information do we collect and how?
What are cookies?
Cookies are files which contain a small amount of information. Cookies are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or device.
What type of cookies do we use?
Cookies can be in the form of session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web-browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date. We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, such as greeting you by name and remembering your preferences. It also allows for live chat support during your browsing experience.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These cookies allow you to share and send information to other websites.
What information do we collect and how will it be used?
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following types of information from you: Your internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, time zone setting, operating system and platform, information about your visits including the URL you came from, your country, the search terms you used in our website, products you viewed or searched, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and the methods used to browse away from the page.
Cookies allow websites to capture information such as user preferences and basic personal information which can be held for as long as necessary. We use this information to make sure our website works as efficiently as possible and enhances our users experience.
Where we collect names, addresses and other personal information including email addresses on our website, these will only be used by the holiday property owner, Dream Cottages / Green Door Cottages. (We currently give some information tradesmen i.e. 3rd parties if we ask guests first and this is for bookings)
How do you block cookies?
By continuing to use our site, you agree to the placement of cookies on your device. If you choose not to receive our cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience will be as fulfilling as it would otherwise be. For instance, the site won’t be able to recognise your commenter ID, meaning that you won’t be able to leave comments.
We may update this policy from time to time. Changes in technology, legislation and authorities’ guidance may require us to inform you of the activities we undertake where it affects your privacy rights. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
Terms & Conditions for Social media:
- These terms and conditions apply to the “Win Conker Spirit Goodies” competition run by Dream Cottages limited and, by claiming the prize, entrants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and agree to be bound by them.
- The competition is open to any person aged 18.
- The Competition prize is 1 bottle of Conker Gin and 1 bottle of Conker cold brew coffee liqueur for three winners.
- Dream Cottages reserves the right to alter or amend the methods of entry or The Competition at any time.
- Multiple entries by the same person will not be accepted.
- The method of entry requires participants to direct message Dream Cottages Facebook Page with 6 answers.
- The Competition opens at 10.00am 02/06/2018 and closes at 23.59pm 09/06/2018.
- The winner will be selected at random and contacted before 11/06/2018. Winners must claim their prize within 10 working days of notification or the prize will be void and a new winner selected.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Dream Cottages decision on the winner is final.
- The winner must provide proof of identity upon request.
- Dream Cottages is entitled to refuse to process any prize where it deems necessary. For example, if you are unable to or fail to produce sufficient identification when claiming a prize.
- Dream Cottages reserves the right to declare The Competition null and void and stage another competition in its place.
- By claiming The Competition prize constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England.