“This is a good property based on the many we have visited over the years however it lacks some basic requirements for living day to day in a comfortable way.”
Simple improvements like:-
Simple improvements like:-
1. Salt and Pepper being available,
2. I would expect at least one dishwasher tablet for each day of the stay but in this property there were none at all.
3. Only one tea towel for a week over Xmas is not enough considering it is not possible to put everything in the dishwasher.
4. I would expect a hand soap to be available in the kitchen.
5. The Televisions were so old and the better of the two main TV's would not work via the HDMI connection. The second sitting room TV was so old it should be in a museum and was not straightforward to use. I would suggest that the cottage owners could invest a couple of hundred pounds to add up to date televisions. Given our visit was at Xmas with some very poor weather we needed to be entertained and frankly the audio visual offerings were cast offs and not fit for a modern world!
If these things were fixed then I feel I could have given better marks for the facilities.
The local village is very quiet and very picturesque. We visited the local pub on our day of arrival and were disappointed with the very poor food (buffet style) so never went back! The garden was enclosed which was good given that we had two dogs with us. Parking is quite tight for two cars especially if you have a large car but as the road is so quiet it did not cause any problems.
Finally my real issue was with the lack of recycling at the cottage. It appears we are supposed to put recycling in with general waste as the property is considered to be for commercial waste collection. This is a very poor situation and just shows how badly businesses consider their responsibility to recycle. We actually struggled in the local area to post bottles as most of the supermarkets do not offer full recycling facilities and you need to find a recycling centre! We brought much of our recycling home as I could not face throwing it in general waste. This needs addressing as it makes a mockery of the current plight this country finds itself in and I start to question why should we be trying to recycle when its OK for businesses to throw it away!
Thank for your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday at Audrey’s Cottage. We value your comments and will be looking to update the audio visual offering in the near future. Like you we believe that recycling is important but regrettably, as you had been made aware, this is something outside of our control. For this very reason we provide information on recycling within the welcome pack but on reflection this is inadequate and will now be updated to provide more detailed information for future visitors. We hope that you will return to enjoy Dorset again. Owner relations